Monday, May 7, 2012

May 7, 2010

Dear Family,
Wow. I don't know what to write. This week has been weird. I thought I was going to be just great and just be able to cry a little and then get to work, but it hit me a little harder than expected. I think it's just the whole trying to regulate and control my emotions.  I know Lacy is happier and I have such a strong testimony of Gods plan and the resurrection and the spirit world. My testimony hasn't shaken at all, so I don't know why it's been so hard. I am so glad I am here. I wouldn't come home. I know that is not what lacy would want me to do. I know I need to be here. My work is just beginning! I am doing so much better now. And I am happy. I have really been able to smile and work and focus better. I just need to be patient with myself. my companion has been such a sweetheart during all this and has really been there for me and has been so loving and patient. The sisters and senior couples are wonderful. I know I was put back in the Visitor Center this transfer when I was originally supposed to be full field for this very reason. Well I am guessing the funeral went well..
Don't worry though. Seriously I am fine! I am doing so good now and I know my sweet Lacy is so happy now. I know God lives and that Jesus is the Living Christ. What a blessing it was to have memorized 'The Living Christ' previous to all this. God knows what we need ahead of time and He prepares us if we will listen to and heed the spirits whisperings. 
I had a pretty neat experience at the Visitors Center on wednesday. A family came in and they had just had their 4 year old son pass away that morning. They had four children under the age of 12. I was on shift when they came in and I took them through Gods Plan for His the family. At the end I bore my testimony of the plan of salvation and eternal families. What a wonderful experience that was. We all sat and talked and cried together and smiled through our tears at the wonderful knowledge that we have. I know that I was on shift for a reason that day. My prayers are with that family as well, but i know they will be okay. They came right to the Visitors Center after it happened. What a great place to come and receive hope and comfort in your time of heartache. I feel like everyone is dying though. On sunday everyone was bearing their testimonies about the funeral they just had for a women that died in the ward. They all went up and talked about their deaths that they've been through and expressed love and sympathy. I kinda felt like it was for me, since I missed Lacy's, only lucky me, I didn't have to deal with everyone coming up to me and expressing their apologies and sympathies. So glad nobody in the wards know. I get enough sympathies at the VC haha. 
Well our investigators are dwindling down. We don't have very many progressing now.. it's like 2... yuck it drives me nuts. I want to find these people that i know are there! Dad who are the Elders or Sisters that you are working with? Have you gotten started yet? How are things going? We just got another new WML this week too. Lots of changes this week.
Something cool, one of the investigators that we had dropped called us and asked us to eat dinner with her and teach a lesson to her before! I couldn't believe it. She had broken her foot and had a lot of down time to think. i guess she is a little more ready now! That was yesterday, and it went well. Her name is Ida Wynde. Beth is still doing pretty good, but she didn't come to church because delia her 9yr old was sick. She needs friends in the ward.. we're working on it. we met some cook people through street contacting this week and are going to try go by and have lessons with them and turn them into investigators. Hopefully we can get some more. 
Our members are taking such good care of us. One member is always bringing fruit over and random foods over that she knows we like. Her name is Rachel Tyler, that's the one thats like 28 and single that was coming to lessons for Jim. That didn't work out with them by the way haha. any way she is always doing stuff for us- she's awesome! Then a lady named dianne ethington had us over for dinner and we had steak. it was yummy and then she brought us into her panty and handed us a big box and said Go shopping!! We felt bad and didn't want to take her food (she has a huge family and isn't super well off) so she said "oh dear- here let me help you"  and she started filling bags and the box for us! Haha she is so sweet. She gave us like 10 boxes of cereal and milk and lean pockets and cheese and eggs and left over steak and soup and refried beans etc. oh man she is a doll! ha i don't know how we're going to eat all the food we have! 
well i love you all! i really hope things are going well. I worry and pray for all of you all the time! I know it will be weird being home and not having Lacy there all the time. please let me know if there is anything i can do for all of you! I love you all SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Much! You are everything to me. My family is my greatest treasure. 3rd Nephi 13:21 
 Loves! MWAH!
~ sister shurtz

No comments:

Post a Comment