Friday, November 11, 2011

November 6th!!

Dear Family,

So much has happened here! I can't believe I have been here for 3 1/2 weeks! Our whole district left for Washington DC South, so my companionship is now a Trio! I am now with Sister Bowser and Sister K.  Both sisters are 23 and have very similar  stores as to why they are now out on a mission.  We are all getting along great which is a blessing since we have so much other chaos going on!! We are now in our Visitor Center Training with only sisters!   Let me say... It is a lot more dramatic!!  We went to Temple Square earlier than we thought, we went as guests and just toured ans watched and learned.  My testimony of visitors centers is growing so much- this calling to teach in a visitors center is so special- I'm learning that!!  I was able to go to the temple which makes my week so much better!! I felt so exhausted and overwhelmed. There is so much to teaching in a visitors center!! A whole new style of interacting and teaching! We are also learning how to take calls and how to do online chat- which I LOVE!! With this system I have the opportunity to not only teach people in Mesa Arizona, but I can teach anyone- people in Africa, Germany ect... It is incredipble and really works!!  Sister K and I are teaching a lady named Kim who is now interested in reading the BOM and is going to have the missionaries come teach her!
When teaching in homes you teach longer and full lessons and you have the opportunity to show your love for those investigators over a period of time.  In the visitors center first impressions are more vital- Love and happiness must be radiating from you and you have very little time to figure out the persons needs before you give them a tour.  We teach short and powerful principles of truth, everything you say is critical.  I am so amazed that the Lord is allowing me so much variety and learning in his calling to me.  I will be able to teach the gospel through almost every way possible!! Through the internet, online chat, phone calls, visitors centers and through street contacting! I am in awe of my calling and responsibility!!
I see Sister Taggart all of the time-we are in the same residence hall and get ready together in the mornings- Its so fun to see her and she likes seeing me, because I am a piece of home and she can be herself around me! She is doing awesome- but needs prayers, Spanish is hard!!
I am sad to leave this blessed place, I was interviewed by my branch president today and he asked me how I liked the MTC.  I just went on and on about how much I have loved it and how much I have learned and grown while here. I am going to truly feel the difference when I leave.  Never again will I feel this and experience this learning to the degree that I have here at the MTC.  All of us here are striving in every way to improve and perfect ourselves so we can more fully serve the Lord when we go out into the world once more.  I am ecstatic to get out there and put to use all that I've been learning and practicing here! I love you all very much!!

Love Always,

Sister Shurtz!

No comments:

Post a Comment