Wednesday, January 4, 2012

AH it was SOOOOOOOO fun to see and talk to you all! That just made my day to see all my wonderful family! I crave talking to and seeing all of you and that filled that craving for a bit!! I just have the most beautiful family. You are all so wonderful! Thank you for taking the time to talk to me and to tell me a bit about what is going on in your lives! Thanks for the pics of some of the things that you got for Christmas! Looks like so much fun! I especially loved seeing my beautiful neices and handsome nephews and precious Lacy Jean! And to get the news of yet another one on the way!!! Whoo! I can't wait!... well I guess I'll have to haha. It was so fun to be able to speak to each of you. Except I didn't get to really talk to Felicia :( i'll have to just write her I guess!
Mom and Dad, I love you so stinkin much! So good to see your faces and hear your voices and see you cry, and remember that that's why I am such a cry baby too! haha ;) Totally all both of your fault! I love you though! I can't even begin to express the gratitude I feel in my heart for all that you have done, and continue to do for me!
The rest of my Christmas was... I almost want to say Magical.. but that word isn't right. I guess the only way to say it is... eh I don't know! Ha well anyway I was at the VC again from 5-10:30 like I am most nights during Christmas lights. But Christmas night was special. The spirit there was thick. I felt so warm inside and kept taking off layers,my coat, then my cardigan, then my scarf, etc. but I still felt so warm after.. It wasn't until I started hearing about all the miracles happening with all the sisters and with myself that I realised that warmness was the spirit. It was so special. It felt different than usual. So neat. Just so thick. I had told you while we were all skyping how we had broken the record a couple nights ago with 40 Top Boxes in one night.. well Christmas night we got 80! We doubled the record! It was crazy.
Jesus Christ was there that night. I know it.
So many people were there and just so open to having the missionaries come to their home to teach them. I couldn't believe what was happening. There was a family from Iran that accepted missionaries, and also from Iraq that I top boxed. There were many spanish that accepted missionaries, people from china even, although we sadly can't do much with them at this point.. It was so neat. I wish I could express the experience better. It was the best Christmas i've had.
Well our apartment has been a disaster full of candy and wrapping paper and presents and food and cards, etc so fun but so messy! Our p-days have been crazy and we haven't had time to do much cleaning or anything. It got to the point that I really couldn't feel the spirit there. We cleaned alot today and it feels so much better! :) Sister Hansen and I dropped by Marcelo's and Romina's home today. Marcelo was home from work which was good because he's usually gone. Sis H and I fasted for him yesterday. We don't know what to do with or for him. He is reading the Book of Mormon, he is praying. He is trying. He says he is just not feeling a connection with God. He is very good, I can tell that he really is trying, and he is that kind that is not wishy washy, and won't just join because he feels peer preasure- he wants to know for himself that it is true and then once he knows that, he will be totally committed. I believe that. I am just sad he isn't feeling that he is connecting with God and recieving answers to prayer. We have talked alot about answers to prayer and how we can recognize them and the spirit. We have talked about faith and how we must act in faith and then we will receive. I don't know how else to help him.. I think he needs to do something about his job and act in faith with it before anything will happen with him. *sigh* I wish I could just give him part of my testimony- ha this is hard! I love this work though. It's the best kind of work.
I fell on my bike again today. bleh I am so clumsy!!!! It's frustrating. I almost fell again right after too. aw well I don't know what to do with myself. When I fell, I fell onto a poky bush and gashed up my face and arm a bit- hhahaha oh dear...... what am I to do except laugh at myself, brush myself off and be on my merry little way! Well I better go!
thanks for all the prayers and support, and i'm going to selfishly ask you NOT to stop- I desperately need them!
LOVE YOU!!!!!
Sister Shurtz

No comments:

Post a Comment