Sunday, January 15, 2012

Changes

Hello! 
 Yep three months now! Transfers are coming up soon and I am worried out of my mind that Sister Hansen will be taken away from me! I don't know anything yet! There is a new english speaking sister coming in this transfer too so someone will have to train her. Anyway Interveiws with President are tomorrow and I am trying to think of what I want to talk to him about. Ha I really don't have any pressing matters of concern or worry. I am happy and I am working to be better. The area is going pretty good, and I have a fantastic companion! It's interesting because I feel so lucky and really just blessed more than anything. Yep... the Whites are leaving. ;) I seriously want to cry when I think of that. They have been a huge source of love, guidance, comfort and advice while here on the mission. I am sad to see them go. But they have served their mission honorably! There are going to be alot of changes soon. The Beckstrands our new VC director will be here soon! Lots of changes! Lots of FUN! I'm excited! I'm learning that change is good. That there is no progression when there is no change. It's like that quote I always say. "There's no comfort in a growing zone, and no growing in a comfort zone". So get out of the comfort zone and LOVE IT! it's like that talk by elder wirthlin- come what may and love it! What a good talk, it has become one of my favorites. It's one that I share alot with people because so many are going through so much pain and heartache. That talk reminds us that happiness is a choice. Anyway.. I'm excited for all this change and for the opportunity to become better. Elder Holland conotates that change is a form of repentance. He says that repentance isn't a long and foreboding process that is never ending and eternal- repentance can be instantaneous. We can be forgiven and repent as soon as we decide to change and stayed changed! It's that simple decision to change. That is repentance. Of course we still have to stay that way and live it the rest of our lives and do our best to right our wrongs but the actual repentance comes in the change. Decide to change and DO IT!
 I have been able to call someone from denmark and from Rwanda Africa! It was fun! I actually ended up emailing them though because even though they speak english the understanding is still not there.. they both seemed interested and excited though; so I guess i'll have to wait until they email back to see! The ratio of acceptance in the referalls that we receive is usually about 1 person in every 10 member referalls will accept to have missionaries. My goal is to get at least one confirmed a day or one Top Box a day from talking to someone in the VC.
Our Area is going pretty good. The poinsettia ward is booming, I feel like all of our work is there! We are constantly meeting people in that area. We are now in the process of teaching 5 different single men. Wow I tell ya, that is different. We are used to teaching only women. It seems like it's always the women who are interested and have soft and open hearts. We are having a hard time teaching the men though, because we can't go in without a member there and we have to have lessons in members homes. That is something that we are working on doing anyway but it's hard because you have to rely alot on the members to help you out, and they are often not very reliable. We are really trying though- plus to tell you the truth.. these men are all pretty flaky on sticking to planned appointments. blech! haha we are trying though.  We are also teaching a women named Tereza who is almost exactly like Lawanna, the one who has breast cancer that I tought in the MTC. I am having Lawanna write Tereza a letter and I really hope that they can stay in contact and help eachother through their cancer and their struggles. It's really cool. I know that the Lord puts certain people in our lives for a purpose. Lawanna helped me alot. But she will help Tereza out in her life more than I ever could because they can relate.
Beth came to CHURCH! WOOT i am so happy. We have one more lesson to teach her before she is through all the lessons. She came to the mission presidents fireside which was so good! We actually tricked her into going.. she is the most charitable person and will do anything for anyone, so we told her we needed a ride there, which we did... so she took us there and stayed :D It was for her. President had asked us all to bring families we were working with and the firside was just for them!
Harmony is still dead- it's like there is so much work in the other wards that we don't have time to focus on it.. ugh I don't know what to do. Well there's more to say but I have to go, I only have 5 min and I still have to write president! AH! ha oh and no I don't get to go to the temple on p-days.. :( only once a transfer. I get to stare at it everyday though! hahaha LOVE YOU ALL!
MWAH!
~sister shurtz

No comments:

Post a Comment