Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hey Hey Hey!
This week has been great! Sorry I guess I got a bit excited about all the changes that will be happening.. We don't get transfer news until Saturday this week! Ha sister Hansen is still my companion for now! It's very possibel that we will still be together after transfer news! Ah I'm going crazy with all of the possibilities though! :)  In our prep mtg all the sisters stood up and gave a 30 sec 'I'm a mormon' statement. Mine was, "My name is Sister Shurtz, I'm clumsy, I love the water- i'm a fish, I love the outdoors, and my family. I love to learn, but i'm not a fast learner, I love music, and I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and being a missionary, and... I'm a mormon! It was fun to hear everyones statements. Then they stood up and gave theirs. They both went to Utah state. Sister Beckstrand loves to cook and is a piano teacher and loves music. Elder Beckstrand loves basketball and the gospel. They said alot of other things.. but I don't remember! Sorry! That was fun though- and i'm excited to get to know them better.
The work... well Beth has a baptism date now.. for march 17th.. forever away!! We were planning on moving it up and then we got a text from her saying that she finally told her husband that she was getting baptized and that they got in a big ol argument about it... Ugh! I don't know whats happening now. We stopped by her house after church to talk to her because she didn't come. She said that she would talk to us about what happened on Thursday because her husband was there and she didn't want to tell us what happened in front of him.. oy I am so nervous that she will decide to not get baptized.. Especially because Sister Hansen and I both felt that if she decides not to that we will have to drop her, she has been meeting with the missionaries 4ever! and is just afraid of commitment it seems. Anyway.. it'll break my heart to drop her.. I have cried and cried just at the thought of it! She texted us and told us that she is going to pray about what to say to her husband so that's good... Marcelo (romina's husband) is not progressing. Kills me, but we are still working with him. He can't come to church because of his dumb ol job. So don't know what to do there. Jaun and Tereza are so hard to get ahold of because they are always at the hospital. So we haven't hardly taught them at all.,and Lawanna still hasn't written me back about Tereza.  The work is going slow.. it's killing me. We are constantly finding people to teach and talk to but everything is falling through. It's frustrating but i'm trying my best not to be discouraged and to push through! Oh and dad.. how do halfway houses work? We are trying to get ahold of a guy that is in a half way house that wants to learn, but every time we go by nobody will answer the door...
Really though, I am just loving this work! I am a blessed missionary!

AHH I have to go, I need to say so much more.. bleh.. hahha love you all BUNCHES!
~ sister SHurtz 

No comments:

Post a Comment