Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Boy oh Boy!
It's been a great week! Marcelo just received the Aaronic priesthood and is now getting an interview for his temple recommend for baptisms for the dead! So exciting! Another really neat thing was that Jim, (who is 35 bald has glasses and extreme migraines)  is really progressing well. He is having an open heart and said he will continue to read and pray. We had a lesson scheduled with Jim during the same time that Marcelo was having His preisthood Ordination that we were invited to so we were not going to be able to make it.. but then we decided to ask Jim if he would come with us to Marcelo's ordination, even though Marcelo is in another ward. He said that would be fine and then we did a church tour afterwards with him and he said he would come to church the next day! And guess what? He came!! So cool! Sister Crawford and I gave talks in church and Jim and Beth and one of her daughters were there to hear! I was so happy! The talk went well.... I'll tell more about all that in my letter. 
Sister Crawford and I are getting along so well and I really love being her companion! We are starting to get better at teaching in unity. She is trying to do better at being on time and keeping her comments missionary appropriate ;) I still love riding bikes! It is just so wonderfully nice right now! The weather is just perfect and I just wish it would stay this way because I know that soon it's going to get HOTTER than fire, which might be an understatement! I'm excited to take on the heat though! Whoo! Well we are busy teaching lots of people! We are teaching two different girls in the poinsettia ward that have pink hair! haha. 
Today we got up at 4:40 am to hike camel back for our zone activity! It was lots of fun! When we got to the top we all knelt down on the rocks and said our mission prayer. We have this thing throughout our mission, where every missionary in the Mesa mission kneels down and says a prayer at 7:55 am wherever they are at with their companion or with other missionaries if you are with them! It's really neat. Later today after emails and laundry we are going to go make pizza's together as a zone! I like my Zone alot! 
 Thank you for all your love and support! The Lord has really blessed me this week and helped me feel less stressed this week, or at least has just let me see some of the fruits of my labors. I know the Lord is mindful of me and all that I am doing! 
Love you all so much!!! 
~Sister Shurtz

No comments:

Post a Comment