Saturday, February 4, 2012

Life Training

Hello Familia!
This week been interesting! It has been so hectic and crazy and scary and great and wonderful all at the same time! First off I am training the cutest lil thang from Annacordes (no clue how to spell it) Washington State. She lives on an island an hour north of seatlle. She is an earth muffin and recycles EVERYTHING, She won't even wear certain materials such as polyesther becuase it's not recyclable! ;D She is so cute though. She LOVes birds and loves being on bikes. She is also such a good missionary! It's really neat being able to train her because she has been a member of the church for only 2 and a half years! I know right? and she's on a mission yes. Her mom and her brother and sister joined the church also but they are all less active. Her dad is not a member and does not support her. She's incredible. I am amazed at her faith of coming out here on all those terms. It's fun being a trainer for her because she knows the basics of what she needs to know to be a missionary because that's what we teach as missionaries, is the basics! But she just finished the BOM for the first time yesterday! So it's fun teaching her all the stories and things songs and things that she doesn't know yet. She is so willing to learn and although she doesn't like a lot of the rules and doesn't get why we have some of them she is willing to be obedient. I  just do my best to explain why we have them and just tell her that if we are obedient whether we know the reason or not then we will be blessed just like Adam. I am already having so much fun being her companion! What a sweet heart! Training full field is tough. Ha I am not used to planning for all that time! I was like, yikes! How do I use all this space?! But now I'm starting to get the hang of it and there is so much work to do and so many people to see and still yet not enough time for it all!
Oh boy, I am excited! We are gonna set our areas on FIRE! especially the harmony ward, we are really working hard there, and trying to get to know the members and get them excited for missionary work! Whoo! We already have 4 baptismal dates set! Oh man and GUESS WHAT??????!!!!!!!!!!!! Marcelo Certoma is getting baptized!!!!!!!! YAYAH baby! so neat. His date is set for the 18th of Feb! Aw the Lord is blessing us so much! I know that as we do our best to be obedient and truly put our whole faith and trust in the Lord that he will poor out blessings upon us! I will not lie, this week has been difficult and challenging, but it has been even more, joyful and rewarding. Wow, I can't believe how much the Lord is blessing us. I hope that I can continue to rely on Him and put my whole faith and trust in Him, because I really honestly just can't do this without Him. I am truly learning the truth of what so many prophets have proclaimed, that in the strength of the Lord all things are possible. We just have to put our trust in him and not in the arm of flesh.
 XOXOOX
MWAH!
~Sister Shurtz

No comments:

Post a Comment