Monday, February 13, 2012

Hello Hello!

Well things are going pretty good here. My struggles are different than they were a transfer or so ago. I know where I'm going! And I can find anything with an address. Hahha that's progress for me. I also feel like I know what's going on better and that the ward members are starting to know me and trust me. Now what I am dealing with is helping my companion know where she is going and feel comfortable with the ward members and what is going on. 
I love my companion so much! She has so much personality and knows exactly what she wants and is not afraid to be different, I love her! She is a great missionary too!
The work this week has been frustrating. We have had long meetings everyday this week except one day. That one day was very successful, but the rest is just were frustrating! Also one of our investigators who was so sincere and was progressing so well. Has just dropped off the face of the earth. Her name is Dianna. She was living with her daughter-in-law, and was helping her alot, but when Dianna tried to correct her in something she got mad and kicked Dianna out. She has no phone, no drivers liscense. No nothing... We have no way of contacting her or making sure she gets missionaries. :( I know that the Lord will bring them to her again though. Or maybe when she gets settled she will seek them out herself. She had read like half the Book of Mormon in a week, and was underlining it like crazy. It kills me. Also a girl that we were just going to meet with after emails today, just texted us and said she doesn't want to meet with us, and said she would rather us meet with someone who wants to learn. ugh! I hate that. I'm sorry, things really are good too though! Beth and two of her girls came to church!!! that was awesome. We went over to her house the day before and reminded her about it, then that morning we called and texted her and when she didn't answer, we showed up at her house 5 min before church started! Haha she had just gotten out of bed! We said Beth you should come, you'll only be a couple minutes late, how can we help you get there? She said, okay i'll come, go ahead and go, i'll be there in a few minutes! And she came! Yay!! She only stayed for sacrament mtg because she was in pain, but her daughters stayed the whole time and loved it!
Marcelo will be baptized this week! It's crazy all of the opposition that their family is facing with the baptism! Oh man... I just pray that he will be strong! I know that the whole ward is behind him helping in any way they can! The Sherwood park ward is so amazing! truly the way all wards should be!
There are so many good things happening! I just know though that there could be so much more! I feel unqualified, and feel like if there were better missionaries here that the work would be moving along so much better. I need to be more dedicated and diligent and organized. I am not discouraged, I am just frustrated with my own weakness as a missionary, a trainer, as a daughter, and sister and as a human being! ah! haha I feel like nephi in 2Nephi 4. When he exclaims "Oh wretched man that I am! etc." But I know that I just need to read the rest and be comforted because Nephi doesn't let himself get down for long and he remembers his blessings and that the Lord and his angels are constantly round about him and he prays for the lord to help him to abhor sin and be stronger and better etc. This chapter has become one of my favorites! I know that the Lord will be with me to guide and strengthen and uplift me if I am diligent and work harder than i thought I could! I love the talk be President Henry B. Eyring, called "Preparation in the Priesthood: I Need Your Help" it's so good! I hope I can work longer and harder than I thought I could. I know that the Lord loves me and is blessing me and is so aware of me! I just need to put in all the effort that is required of my hands!
Thank you THANK YOU for your letters love, prayers and constant support! You are so wonderful and your love and advice is so needed and so appreciated! I love to hear what is going on in all of your lives! Thank you for being patient with me! I am terrrible at writing letters, and making time for things! I am so sorry! Please be patient with me while I learn! I love you all!!!
~Love Sister Shurtz

No comments:

Post a Comment