Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Feliz Ano Nuevo!!!

Dearest Family!!!!
Feliz Ano Nuevo!!! Sure love you all! The new year has been so tiring! It has been good but busy and I haven't had any time in my area which is frustrating... The last two days have basically been p-day. Yesterday all of the VC sisters and senior couples went and hiked camelback mountain which was awesome!! I had so much fun doing that! Then we went to meetings and then to the VC which was so saddeningly slow! I guess i'll have to get used to that feeling again! BUT i am excited to call all of those referalls that I recieved! Today was our real pday so we went and did shopping and such. Sister hansen is feeling pretty sick! I'm lucky or rather blessed and have stayed pretty healthy! Did you get my package I sent home? I sent the Christmas stuff back because i will probably be moving soon and don't have any room in my bags as it is to store it! Thank you again for sending it all to me! It was so fun to have! I have been setting alot of goals with the new year, and we all know that i love to set goals so i probably set too many but I am really working on being just better in every way. Learning to consecrate my life to the Lord fully. In all things being extra obedient and zealous and passionate about the work instead of just doing it. Have you read the talk called "the fourth missionary"? I don't know if you can look it up online? It's really long but it is soooooo good! Also the susan fulcher case study rocks. You should look that one up if you can too. That is what we are trying to do with one of the wards in our area. Our Harmony ward is really struggling. But Sister Hansen and I are going to really try to spice things up and get the ball bouncing there!
Marcelo came to church again! Yay! I am sad though because I feel like he didn't have the greatest experience in preisthood class. they didn't even really have a lesson he said.. oh dear. i just want him to be baptized! hahah oh well, he'll get there. Romina got a calling- she is on the enrichment night relief society mtg committee. We have two new investigators! A young man named ethan and his uncle and possibly his dad too. they are all living together it is a total bachelor pad with both of the older ones divorced and ethan living with them. Hope that goes well. We have a lesson set up with them tomorrow. I hope all goes well with that! I still fall on my bike basically everyday! Ha i'm an embarrassment to mankind or maybe just to sister missionaries! ha oh well, i'm just grateful that I am on bikes and not in a car! It has been so nice here. In the 80's the past couple of days! New years day was fun!!! Sister Hansen and I got sent home early from the VC because it was so slow. We were so exhausted! We got to bed a little early that night- ha... which ironically early is 10:30 during Christmas lights at least. We set the alarm for 12:00 am so we could get up and dance around and make some noise for a few minutes and then go back to bed haha but we ended up missing the alarm somehow and woke up at 2:00 instead- ha we threw those snaps that you sent then ate five crackers with squeeze cheese on them and rung our bike bells and flushed the toilets at the same time hahaha. That was our silly New years Celebration! it was fun though! I like bearing my testimony in the VC this time of year because it's so easy to motivate people to make goals to come closer to Jesus Christ and learn more about him and become better people or share the gospel ect. it's fun. there is a fantastic quote in PMG about setting goals I don't want to write it all out but you should look it up if you get a chance. I really like it. It's in chapter 8 Use time wisely pg 146. I have been doing alot of studying on women in the scriptures. it's been really neat and enlightening. These awesome women are usually hooked with good men. It'd be a fun marraige study someday to look at their roles. But not now! hahah. This year I am going to work on being more on time, serving my companion more, knowing how the numbers and area books and progress records work, knowing my area, and understanding how to work better with the leadership of the wards! i am also going to work on being more bold and inviting everyone to learn more no matter where I am at. I need to not shrink away from what I know and apply better what I learn! well I need to get off now. Sorry I didn't read your email before I wrote this. I didn't have time. So hopefully any questions you had or comments can be addressed later!
~ Love you All Buckets and Bucket loads
Sister Shurtz
ps. the oranges and grapefruit are all coming off the trees this time of year so I'll be turning orange and pink with citris soon! yaya I love oranges!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment