Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Hello! 
AHHHH! It was so good to see ALLLLLL of you! Gosh it's weird, I talk to other missionaries and they said they feel all homesick and trunky after skyping with their families- Weird since I feel the opposite. I just want to be out here working harder to make my family proud of me. I can't tell you all how much it means to me to have all of your love prayers and support! That just makes me want to work harder and be more obedient and diligent. Elder Beckstrand talked with all of us VC sister missionaries the other day and he said that we need to strive to BE the kind of missionaries that our families think that we are. It's so true. After talking with ya'll - you just think I am so much better than I am. But it's okay- it gives me something to strive for! I want to be that missionary that you think I am! Thank you each and every one of you for taking the time to sit in front of the computer and talk with me for a minute.  You are my world. I hope you all know that. 
Family has come to mean everything to me. I hope all is going well back home. Looks like you all are doing well. I am so excited for all of you with your new adventures coming up!!! What an exciting time this is in all of our lives! LIVE it UP!!! Our time is so short! Can you believe I've already been out for over 7 months? Wow. I look at my area and say i've been here the whole time- what do I have to show for it?? I better get moving. I still don't know half of the members and I feel like we all of the sudden have NO investigators- well none that are progressing. boy oh boy. We just gonna start from the ground up again. Satan can't get me down- nope nope! 
Well Beth Berela is still on for her baptismal date on may 28th She wants to be baptized really bad- she believes the Book of Mormon and that Joseph Smith is a prophet. She said she knows she needs to come to church and take out her million earrings and some other little things. 
We also set a date with a man named Ernie Miller. I think I mentioned him before. He is the Eternal Investigator that is black that we were teaching before and then dropped because he doesn't keep commitments. It's so frustrating though because he comes to church almost every week and he is always outside and comes over and talks to us. He always ends up being taught again, and then just dropped. He finally kept a commitment though. We asked him to read Alma 5 and he did! He read the whole thing 66 verses. Then we asked him to read 2 Nephi 2 and he is started on that. So then I was like okay good you're ready to start keeping commitments then huh? Will you prepare yourself to be baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God on June 9th? and he said I'll think about it. We said will you pray about it and we'll call you tomorrow and get the answer. He said yes! Well i'm not letting myself get too excited because he is always just messing around with the missionaries and never takes anything seriously. But at the same time if he says he's going to do something than he will do it. So I'm really hoping! :) Ernie is such a character. There are so many issues with his home life though that I don't know what will happen!
Harmony Ward is as frustrating as ever. I honestly just don't know what to do to help it. We simply cannot find anyone to teach there! Even most of the less actives are not open to letting us come by and teach them. So frustrating. 
Well our mission is pushing for this huge miracle in July. We are trying to get 160 baptisms in the month of July by doubling our faith and finding now. It's never been done before. Our average as a mission per month is usually 70 baptisms per month. President Ellsworth has said that he has received from the Lord that we can do it if we will all work together to double our finding. That means we need to be find more people weekly to teach. Uh.. no bueno. I need more faith. These last two weeks have been awful. We received no new investigators. yuck. We should be getting at least 3 a week. blech. Well we're working on it. Like I said- I need your prayers!
P.s. my companion was really touched by your comment about her being a good companion to me. She doesn't get a lot of encouragement and love from home. Aw I just love her, and I know this companionship is being so good for her, and for me too. 
Well I love you all! 
MWAH!
~Sister Chelle Shurtz

No comments:

Post a Comment