Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Letter received by the Shurtz Family from the Mission Field


Dear Sister Shurtz,

I'm writing this note to wish you a happy Mother's Day and to thank you for the amazing young woman you raised and then shared with us at the Mesa Temple Visitors' Center.  Our Sister Shurtz is such a dedicated, capable young missionary who is blessing the lives of many people in our mission.  She is so sweet and friendly that she immediately puts everyone she meets at ease.  Guests who come into the center love to visit with Sister Shurtz, and that makes such a huge contribution to the VC.
 
My heart ached with hers this past two weeks while she has been mourning the loss of her sister.  I would like to offer my condolences to both of you and to your family, and hope you will be blessed for the loving care you gave Lacy while she was in your home.  I cannot imagine the sacrifices you had to make to care for her special needs.
 
Sister Shurtz sings in our VC choir, and I wish you could hear them - they sound like angels.  I admit I am guilty of the sin of pride when they sing at the Mission President's Firesides.  They receive rave reviews from all who hear them.
 
Sister Shurtz is a favorite with all the sisters at the center because she is so warm and loving.  I'm sure she's a favorite with the members in the wards in her area as well.
 
President Faust once said:  "There is no greater good throughout the world than motherhood.  The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation."  I truly believe that statement.  Thank you so much for the influence you have had in helping Sister Shurtz develop her love of the Savior and the desire to serve Him.   She is a wonderful example of what a young LDS missionary should be.
 
 
Thanks again for your example, your support, and your sacrifice in letting us enjoy your beautiful daughter.  We love her so much!

2 comments:

  1. ahhh i can't believe it took me almost being a month home to get to this website!!!!! I will be a frequent here from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you companions with Sister Shurtz

    ReplyDelete