Sunday, July 1, 2012

June 19, 2012

Well Sorry for not writing Yesterday. Our P-day is tuesday this week!
This week has been crazy. We have so many people that we are teaching that I can't keep em all straight.  We are teaching a lot of part member families. In fact MOST of our investigators are PMFs here. There is an aptment complex in one of my wards (the 30th ward) that is called Reflection Apts. That place is a gold mine! We are finding new investigators from those apartments weekly! I think it's because that's the only place that we can catch people outside! Ha nobody is outside in the summer time- it's too hot!! 
Well we had a really awesome lesson with a japanese guy named Wayne this week. He is so intelligent and I love teaching him because he really pays attention and really wants to change and know the scriptures. We set a baptismal date for July 7th with him, he is going to pray about it, but we are hoping it will happen! He does need to get married, but we have been working with him on that and he told us this week that he is getting married on the 25th of this month! What a miracle! Now we just have to get him to stop smoking. He wants to, it's just a matter of nourishing that desire with faith unto action! Lets see... I had some really neat miracles at the Visitors Center. We have a neat Art Exhibit up called "Witnesses For Christ" They are paintings done by Liz Lemon Swindle of the life of Christ. They are absolutely incredible! I love the emotion that she puts into her paintings! They are so expressive! This exhibit will be up from June to September. Anyway, there was an indian mom and dad that came in and asked me, "is this the Visitor Center?" I said "yes! have you been here before?" They told me they hadn't and so I asked them if they wanted a tour. They said yes. So I took them through the exhibit, and it was so amazing. We spent over an hour going through all the paintings. I taught the whole restoration and parts of the plan of salvation and other principles of the gospel all with the paintings of the savior. They soaked it all in! During all this, the Lady (Irwinita) asked me how she could get her son to go on a mission and be a missionary like me. The question caught me off guard since none of them are members of our church and they said that this is the first time they had really ever looked into our church. But I told her that her son would need to meet with missionaries, be willing to live and keep all the commitments that the missionaries give him and then get baptized and then in a year he could put in his papers to serve a mission. She was so excited. She said. This is what my son needs! I want him to do this. She then told me that she wanted to schedule a tour for me to do with her and her husband, and son and daughter. It was amazing. They are such a neat couple. I know that they will be baptized soon. They have such real intent and are already such good people. I am excited to do the tour for their family. It will be tonight. Another experience I had at the Visitors Center was when I was starting a movie for an elderly couple. The grandma suddenly asked me, how can I get my 21 year old grandson to go to church? I started laughing and said that's a great question that I think alot of people would like the answer to. But then I started talking to her about him. I told her that I could give him a call and invite him to go and learn more. He isn't a member of our church but he is a really good kid. He said that he is saving himself for his wife, and he doesn't drink or smoke or anything. He said that he doesn't know if he believes in God though. He has never been taught to believe, he said that to him believing in God is kinda like believing in Santa Clause. Aw that really broke my heart. Wow I mean can you imagine- not having this knowledge of our Heavenly Father? Oh man. I am still teaching Brennin over the phone, I hope that he will take my challenge to pray and ask God if he is there. 
 I also helped a young 20 year old girlt that came into the VC to take the decision to be baptized. She has been meeting with the missionaries, since november but when I started talking to her about some of the basic aspects of the Plan of Salvation she had no idea what I was talking about!! ha... sometimes I wonder about those elders... what have they been teaching her all this time? Haha not my place to judge, anyway, she was ready for baptism she just didn't know it! She called the elders that next day and told them she was ready! yaya! 
Well there are so many other miracles! I just don't have time to write them all! The Lord is blessing me so much! 

`Love Chella Shurtza
MWAH

No comments:

Post a Comment