Sunday, July 1, 2012

June 25, 2012


Heya!
 
Monday was not our p-day and so it was supposed to be on tues but then we had a five hour temple trip on tues which was supposed to be our p-day so we had to do half our p-day monday and half our p-day tues! Then on Wed and thursday I went on exchanges to scottsdale with Sisters Jensen and Taylor, and on Friday and Sat I went on exchanges with Sister Kranendonk!! and Anderson. Then on Sunday I was in church all day and then straight to the VC. So yeah.. no time to do missionary work in my area :( Sister Javed just went and hung out at the VC and went to other sisters areas with them while I was on exchanges.
So the Temple trip was way awesome! President and Sister Ellsworth decided that they wanted to do two temple sessions in a row back to back with all the missionaries in the Mesa mission! It was so neat! I have never done that before! We had to be at the temple at 6:30 am so we had to get up at 5 am that morning.. iyiyiyi! haha. It was hard to stay awake.. I won't lie. But It was still a really amazing experience. I am glad I was able to do it! Things that I hadn't noticed while going through the first session jumped out at me during the second session! I love the temple! So peaceful and wonderful and miraculous!
The exchange in Scottsdale was fun. The people there are so incredible rich! I can't believe it! Some live in normal houses but others live in masions! We had a really neat lesson with a guy named Gerry. He is from New York so he had a funny New York accent. it was really hard for the sisters to even teach Gerry because he would just talk over them when they tried to talk. Haha. he wasn't trying to be mean, he just liked to tell really long storiesOh man, neat guy though. If he would let the sisters talk he would be ready to be baptized really soon!
With Sister Kranendonk and Anderson we stayed in a members guest house. Holy Samoly! The guest house is bigger than our actual house! They live in a HUGE house! I thought it was a lodge to a hotel or something. They have 5 garages, wow. It was just crazy. Anyway they live in Clyde Bawdens guest house. Do you know who he is? That awesome piano player? He's awesome! Anyway. I still don't know my area at all, and I don't know the people in it very well at all. I feel like we don't have time to meet members because we are always in lessons! It's good, but hard. I know we need to work with members more.
THANK YOU FOR THE PACKAGE!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment