Tuesday, June 12, 2012

June 11, 2012


Hello All you peoples!

I am learning alot here. My companion teaches me so much. She helps me realize how much more obedient I can be than I was even being before. It's interesting to see that even when you are already following all the rules, there is always more you can do to be better.
My companion is really struggling with the heat. She says that in Pakistan it is not hot like it is here. She says that it is nice and cool like Utah. She said there are places in Pakistan that are hot like in Mesa, but not in her city. She gets really faint and weak in the sun, she won't say anything but I can tell. She will start swaying every now and then and If I don't catch her in time and tell her to sit down and drink water she will faint. So crazy. I think I am just extra blessed to not have this heat bother me like it does some people. 
We are teaching lots of part member families. I feel like all the people we  are teaching already know that the message we are teaching is true, they just don't have a strong enough testimony to make and keep commitments and change. Seriously. We have like 10 investigators. We call and go over to their homes before church and even provide rides for them to get to church, and still none of them will come! AHH! I just sometimes want to take away their agency and make them come so that they can see the blessings that will come to them as they do! But I know that is a bad wish. That is Satans plan to take away our agency, so I don't REALLY want that, but boy, I can see why one third of the host of heaven followed Satan. I of course am being phesicious. I believe in and love Gods Plan and support it whole heartedly!!
Well something neat that happened at the Visitors Center was that Sister Javed and I got asked to do a tour for a lady that is from Iran. She was Muslim. She flagged down the Elders and in broken English told them she wanted to read our book. They got her a persian book of mormon and a translator and have been teaching her. Well they have only been teaching her a couple weeks but she is so prepared! She has read the persian book of mormon 5 times already! They haven't really taught her any of the discussions yet because they have just been answering her questions, which she has MANY! She is like a sponge. She soaks it up. When we gave them the tour. I felt impressed to tell the Elders to invite her to baptism, she is ready! They said well she doesn't want to yet because she doesn't know everything yet etc. But I persisted. I also talked to them about staying on track with preach my gospel and instead of answering all of her questions immediately, to teach her the lessons outlined and then and most of her questions will be answered as they follow this pattern. I explained this to her (via her translator) and she said okay. Also the elders let me set a baptismal date with her for July 21st! I explained to her about how I was baptized when i was 8 and didn't know everything but I knew enough to follow Jesus Christ and be baptized. I told her that baptism was just the gate and that once we promise God that we will follow him we can learn much more and much better because of the Holy Ghost. I asked her if she wanted to follow Jesus Christ. She said yes and then commited to be baptized! It was a really really neat and spiritual experience. The elders have invited us to teach her at the Visitors Center with them for their other lessons too! :)
well I better Go!
Thank you for your emails and letters and prayers and love! I love you all and miss you all so much!!!!

~ Sis Shurtz

No comments:

Post a Comment