Saturday, November 17, 2012


Familia!

I got a new companion! I am still in Mesa East stake in the Mountain View Zone, but I am now companions with Sister Anderson. I have felt that she and I would be companions for a long time. She has been out a couple transfers longer than I have and goes home in Nov. so I could very well be the comp that sends her home! I am happy being her companion. She is really organized and clean, which is good for me. We are now back in the Visitor Center instead of Full field, which is exciting since I love the VC. But, almost ALL of our investigators need to meet during the evening because of work schedules and school, and we are working almost every Evening shift at the VC. We have the most evening shifts this transfer at the VC then I have ever had.
I SAW JORDAN AND CHARISSA AND NAKIYA AND KIRA!!!!!!! oh my goodness. I can't even tell you. I needed that so bad. It was amazing. I was sitting at the desk at the VC taking a phone call and feeling sorry for myself because it was a slow day and I was thinking, here I am sitting at a desk when I could be in my dwindling area... Anyway while I was on the phone I glanced over and saw a group of people coming to the desk. I thought to myself "I need to get off the phone and help these people soon" Then I did a double take and I almost dropped the phone! The first person i recognized was Jordan in his bright green shirt. I gasped and then quickly regained composure and finished my phone call. I then ran over and gave Jordan a big hug and then Nakiya jumped in my arms. Thats when I lost it and I started bawling. I couldn't believe that I was seeing my beautiful family! And then i looked over and beautiful Charissa was right there holding sweet baby Kira. She was smiling at me with tears in her eyes and then I cried even harder! I can't even tell you how wonderful it was to see my wonderful brother and sister and my gorgeous sweet nieces!  I got to hold them both too! What a blessing and a miracle that was. I was just talking to my companion the other day about how hard it was that we couldn't hold babies. My companion loves babies. I told her that they only kids and babies that I missed was my nephews and nieces and the only babies that I craved to hold were my new nieces. I told her that I just couldn't wait! Then they showed up the next day! Kira is such a sweet and delightful baby! She just smiled and smiled at me the whole time I held her! And Nakiya gave me the the best Bear hugs every! I just love my family. It was so good to see Necha and Terry too! I love them. I am so blessed I think it gave me the energy and focus that i need to make it through this hard time. God loves me and hears me and cares about me. I know that. I am so blessed to be here so that I can testify of Gods love for them too. Because if there is one thing that I have of value that I can show with others, it's my knowledge of Gods love  for me.
Well I wish I could write more and more detail but I have to go! I love you all!
~ SIster Shurtz

No comments:

Post a Comment