Saturday, November 17, 2012

Well I think I got on before you all got to email me this week! Weird
welp.. this week was good.
There is a man who always takes us out to lunch on Fridays. So kind! He said he does it because his wife died a while back and he used to take her out every friday. He said that his father also passed away but that his father was also very involved in missionary work. He was the mission president of California twice! So he says "I take you missionaries out in honor of my wife and my father. I want to do things that would make them happy and be proud of how i spent my remaining time here! His name is Brother Bunker. I think i have told you about him before. Well anyway.. we were talking about the olden days and different names that people used to be named etc. the name 'Fawn' came up. And Brother Bunker made up the funniest joke right off the top of his head. I laughed so hard! It reminded me of Grandpa because he is always coming up with funny jokes that have to do with what we are talking about. I also thought of you mom! I immediately said: Brother Bunker i have to write that down to tell to my mom! That is her kind of joke! Haha it's not even that funny- but it's the kind that you like and that I like just because its dumb and corny. Anyway.. Here it is! "Why do so many moms name their daughter Fawn?... because they are so "deer' to them! haha! ;D
Another couple funny experiences I had this week..
I was in a huge hurry one morning and ran to the closet to put my shoes on. It was dark in the room and and well... I put on two different shoes! I didn't notice until we were at the VC on shift and sister Anderson came up to me and said ummm. Sister Shurtz.. did you know you have one brown shoe and one black shoe on today?! haha! I just busted out in laughter! My face was SO red! I was so embarrassed and was laughing so hard! Ha I had to wear them like that the whole day because we never had to time to go back home because our day was so full. It was pretty funny. I had lots of interesting conversations with people that day because of it though! Great missionary tool eh?? haha i must be getting desperate!
So in our new apt we only have the one bedroom and one bathroom in our apt. so to fit three beds we have to have bunkbeds! i chose the top bunk. I have fallen off the bed twice now, because i am so used to just rolling out of bed to say my prayers when its time to wake up. The problem is that A: I am on the top bunk so it's a wee bit farther down, and B: I roll out of bed to say prayers now at all hours of the night thinking that it's morning. So my companions must think I'm nuts! hahaha oh man. No worries, no broken bones or anything! I am like a cat! i land on my feet in a squat! haha. Hope you enjoy the other pics. sorry I never send any!
I can't wait for my ipod with conference on it! I really miss listening to it in the mornings- especially with the month long music fast that our mission is doing! Thank you so much for being willing to do that for me!
We have been eating dinners with the YSA ward this week. It has been so good for us to get to know them better! I finally feel like we are making progress with the ward! We have two potential investigators in that ward now! Hopefully I'll have some good news to report next week with them!
Things are going well in the companionship.. although i don't know if i have ever felt so BUSY in my life- I now understand why the church is trying to minimize on meetings! We just don't have ANY time in our area lately. It's really disheartening for me. But I am here to do the Lords work however and wherever it is! I will go and do and LOVE IT! :)
I love you all! I hope all is well back home!
~Sister Shurtz!



No comments:

Post a Comment