Saturday, November 17, 2012

WOW!
There is too much to say in this email! 
First off! WELCOME!!! to my newest neice Amerleigh Rae Seeley!
Aw how fun! She is darling! I love that she was born on my 1 year mark! What a cute family the Seeleys are! Thanks for the pics!
Wasn't conference INCREDIBLE???!!! I was astounded. I grow to LOVE conference more and more each time I watch it. It flew by this time for me. I sucked in every ounce of it that I could. I never even got sleepy or dazed!
Two of our investigators watched some of conference! 3 of our LA that we are working with also watched it so I am happy!
My newest addition to the companionship is great! I mean she is more than great she is AMAZING~! She totally came pretrained she doesn't need trained- just informed! Her name is Sister Hamstead. She is a doll. I just love her already. I am really working on letting Sister Anderson take over and be the leader in the companionship. It's weird that this is being a struggle for me. I have never been good at being a leader before but now I can't seem to stop taking charge. It's actually been really good though. It gets a tad bit strained sometimes but most of the time things are really good. Sister Hamstead is really personable and easy to get along with. People like her immediately. I am so grateful to be working with her. 
Our new apt is small but nice. Its a one bed one bad apt. but we are making it work and are grateful to be in an apt instead of with members- much less distracting even though we really loved the people we lived with. 
Robert our main investigator is doing really well. We just had a lesson with him last night. We watched the Joseph Smith movie with him and he was so cute. He was crying and trying to hide it but couldn't quite do it very well. Its so neat to see how easily receptive he is to the spirit. He said that he is in the book of Helaman with his BOM reading! He really is a golden investigator- when we can actually get appointments with him! He told us last time that he wants to serve a mission! The only problem could be his parents. They are both non members and are both supportive so far, but I just am so worried that the same thing that has happened with so many others of our investigators will happen with Robert. I hope not! I really want Robert to have this and I really want Sister Hamstead to see miracles!
I am learning so much! I learned a lot from conference and can't wait to start applying it all- so I'm not going to wait!
AH! can you believe it??!!! 18 year old boys and 19 year old SISTERS!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so HAPPY! 
Seriously, I already had a spiritual nudge that this was going to happen! I talked to Sister Anderson about this just last week! I told her, I really think that they should let the Sisters come out at 19. They just really need more Sisters out here. The girls of this day and age really need mission experience as much as possible. I really do feel that there are very few things that compare to the learning and growing experience of a mission. Although I do know that God has other plans for some, I am SO grateful that the opportunity is more readily available for the young sisters of the church to serve. This way I don't feel they have to choose between serving a mission and marriage! They can easily do both! What a miraculous blessing to the youth of the rising generation! It will be needed!
I wanted to share some of the things that I really loved about conference with you. 
"NEVER POSTPONE A PROMPTING"
~Pres Monson
"We are the Saviors hands when we serve the one"
"First Observe- Then Serve!"
"Ask yourself when you do things, 'Am I doing this for me, or for the Savior?'"
"Think of things you can do for others that they may not be able or willing to do for or by themselves"
~Sister Burton
"Pray to be the answer to another persons prayers! There is no greater joy!"
"Be proud to be a Mormon!" say "I'm a Mormon, I know it, I love it, I live it!"
~Ann Dibb
"ASK THE MISSIONARIES!!! THEY CAN HELP!!!" :)
~Elder Nelson
"You will regret the time you spend on technical widgets/internet etc. if you do not carefully and meticulously monitor it!"
~Elder Uchtdorf
"Parents are to teach the WHY of the gospel and sacred duty. Teach at the Cradle side." YOU are to teach by example"
~Elder Perry
"Every morning ask Heavenly Father to help you to recognize an opportunity to meaningfully serve someone around you,
It is usually through another person that God meets your needs, therefore it is vital that we serve one another!"
~Elder Ballard
"We must first do things now that make HIM as familiar to us - as we are to Him before we will be ready to stand before the judgement bar of God."
~Elder Eyring

Well I only had the opportunity to very quickly go through half of my conference notes! But there are some of the things I learned! those aren't all exact quotes FYI
LOVE YOU ALL! I am out of time! 
~ Sister Shurtz

No comments:

Post a Comment