Saturday, November 17, 2012



HOLA!!
So okay, This week has been really great!
But... something great happened! First of all, Sister Javed and I have been just sweltering in our room this whole summer! We couldn't figure it out, because our study room which is right next to our bedroom is nice and cool and the hallway is nice and cool, but our bedroom is SOO HOTT! We can't change our bedroom to our study room because our beds wouldn't fit in there.. so we've just been suffering through it. I have been dying because I am used to being in the basement at home and before living with the Richardsons I lived in an apt where it was very cool. Anyway.. it's just been difficult to sleep at nights with it being so stinkin hot. Well one of the Richardson girls (Crystal) said she saw me sleeping out in the hallway a little while back and in the morning asked why.. I told her I had no idea what she was talking about- I never left my bed. Well apparently I sleep walk and sleep talk! Ha I honestly think it was because I was so hot and my body just couldn't handle it anymore so it moved me to a cooler location without bothering to wake me up. Pretty considerate of my body I think! ;) Well it happened again this week- only this time I vaguely remember doing it. Sister Richardson had gotten up in the middle of the night and saw me laying on the floor in the study room and asked if everything was okay? Not being fully awake I said " i'm soooooo HOTTT!" hahaha and then I walked back into my bedroom. She reminded me about it in the morning about it. I had forgotten because I was half asleep. Well she was really worried about it and felt so bad that our room was so hot. We hadn't told them about it being so hot before because we didn't want to complain. And some people will turn down the AC to save money and such so we didn't want to bother them about it. Anyway, brother Richardson walked into our bedroom while we were out this week and said it was just boiling in there. So he investigated the situation further and guess what he found out? OUR AIR VENT WAS CLOSED!!!! hahaha oh man we all laughed so hard about that. We have been needlessly suffering for no reason!! Ha isn't that how life goes sometimes though? I think we are that way with our Heavenly Father sometimes. We needlessly suffer and struggle just because we don't ASK for help. In 2 Nephi 32:4 it says that if we don't know what to do about something then it is our fault because we did not ASK or Knock. After we are baptized and receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost we have no reason and no excuse for not knowing what to do. Because the Holy Ghost will tell us ALLLLL things that we should do (2 nephi 32: 5). If we don't know what to do then its because we didn't do our part! haha I guess you can relate everything to the gospel!
I love that! 
Well this week we didn't have a baptism :'( No beuno. It should be happening at the beginning of Sept though! I hope! All the projected baptisms that we had are getting pushed back. But we will keep the faith and keep working hard!!!! David Rines had his baptismal interview and he is ready for baptism. He just needs to commit to a date and follow through. His baptism is going to be HUGE this has been a long awaited and long prayed for event. He has family that is LDS. His wife and all her family are active LDS. And the ward has been trying to get him to take lessons for years!! WE finally did it though! He is ready and we got in and they are gonna get sealed a year from now- I know it! I am so happy for them! They are a great family! But we have to get him baptized first... I get a little ahead of myself sometimes! :)
The Yost family the one with the three kids that want baptism are all on hold as of now because of parental permission... grrrr. They are sooo ready and have full support in one household but none in the other. I HATE divorce. 
Drew is not sure he wants to be baptized anymore. He has lost his fire and zeal to do this now.. It breaks my heart. But he still likes going to church when he is with his dad and still wants to meet with us, so that is good. He will come along eventually. He is a good kid. I just have to be patient. His mom would give him permission to be baptized if he really showed a desire and really wanted it, but the problem is that he isn't fully sure yet. He is young and still hasn't done his part to gain a solid testimony. He will though. Especially with support from his previously Less Active but now very active dad. We'll keep working with them.
We found a few new investigators this week- Crystal- she lives in the 30th ward apts. and she is 32 with two kids. She is not married but is living with her boyfriend. She is so sweet and nice. She was a street contact. We were in a hurry but I just felt I needed to talk to her so I quickly told her who we were and asked if we could come by and pray with her sometime. She was really open and said yes and gave us her number. When we called and went over she told us the when they were younger and her brother was 16 he joined this church and then died recently after. Since then she hasn't looked into the church much but she has always told her mom that this is the church that she would be baptized into. She is really open. We also are now teaching a man and his wife who are an interesting couple. The wife  Teresa is legally deaf but she can read lips and hear a little if she puts in her hearing aids, but she refuses to wear them, so anyway- we are basically just teaching the husband Mike. He is lutherin but seems genuinely interested. We found him by helping him carry his groceries into his house. He really appreciated it since he's a bit overweight and he lives in the upstairs apt. 
We taught another Lesson with KC and John. I am really excited to be teaching them! We brought a member with us this time. They are next door neighbors and WAY good friends. When John found out that we were bringing his neighbors the Keelers over for the lesson, he said to his wife " oh no! not them! I like them!" haha he told us all that when we came over. Bro Keeler was awesome he told him that there was nothing that was going to change in their friendship either way if they decided not to accept and do this. But he bore a strong testimony telling him that if he does want to do this and learn about this then it's important to him as his friend to be there for him and help him out. It was awesome and very natural and normal. I saw a HUGE difference in John when Bro Keeler was there verses when he wasn't. When It was just us John asked lots of unimportant yet difficult questions and was more just listening to argue basically. This time the spirit was huge. John listened and felt the spirit and it was just so good. I have a huge testimony of Member Present lessons. Oh and KC felt the spirit too. The reason I'm not talking about her is because she has taken lessons without John previously but basically told the missionaries then that if the answer wasn't yes for both her and John then the answer wasn't yes for her. She already knows this is true, but has been patient while her husband got prepared and ready enough to listen. I am so grateful for ward members who gained true friendships and relationships with their neighbors regardless of whether they were ready to talk about religion or anything. 
Another one of our new investigators is Silas. He is 79 and black, and possibly senile.. I don't know. We'll see with him haha.
Welllllllll Transfer news came! On wednesday I will have a new companion. Sister Javed is leaving her greenie area after 9 months! Guess where she is going? She is going to my greenie area! YAY! I am going to write down a whole bunch of potentials and people for her to see! I am so excited. My heart is still in that area a little bit. 
My new companion will be Sister Anderson. She has been out longer than me. I am senior companion still. It will be nice to have someone else driving! Haha unless I get assigned to be the designated driver... that is something they said they are going to be doing soon.
I am back in the Visitors Center! YAY! 
Well I have to GO! I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment