Thursday, January 31, 2013


Hello Everyone!
It has been a rainy week this week! It's been fun. I love the rain! It sure is cold though! But then I look at pictures from home and it helps me not complain about the cold anymore!!! haha I don't even remember what it's like for it to get that cold!
Well this week has been good.Transfers are coming up again.. which means that I am going to be super busy again! On Tuesday Sister Sordes and I will do the conference call with President and the Beckstrands, and we will talk about the Sisters and make recommendations for companionships and areas etc  Then on Friday we get to work on the beast (the transfer schedule) which takes like 5 hours! And Sister Mackenzie goes home on the 5th so she'll be packing and going to scottsdale at the end of the week. It's so weird. I am really going to miss her a lot. I sure love her.

Destiny and her kids are doing SO well. It has been so fun to teach a cute little family. We have been reading the scriptures with them and the kids are really listening and understanding and seem to be enjoying it. They came to church and love it. I really want to set a date with them, but it's hard because the husband is in Mexico for a couple months and they don't want to do it without him. This family is so prepared! I really hope I can help them to be baptized before I go. I love them a lot. 
Lindsay Ashworth finally came to CHURCH!!!! :) we are so happy! She is actually doing so well. She has read everyday except once since the beginning of the year and hasn't smoked since then either! 
Eileen Madden is doing really well. She loves the Book of Mormon and is finding her answers to her questions in it. She can't come to church though because of work. We are going to teach about that tomorrow. Hopefully she can understand the importance and make a way to come. 
Sammi is doing amazingly well!!! I LOVE her.(I love all my investigators- but she is just extra loveable...Sidenote: I want to be like that. I mean, Jesus says love everyone- but I don't want to be that person that people have to pray to love and have charity for. I want to be easy to love. I want to be loveable!) She is progressing amazingly well. She loves the scriptures and understands them so well! For example, yesterday at our lesson when we were talking about tithing, she said "so in our lesson at church today they briefly mentioned Cain and Able and their burnt offerings of animals without blemish, is that how they did their tithing back then?" It was a bit off but I was so amazed that she was already thinking and applying the scriptures to our day! She is so ready for this gospel and will be an amazing leader and example! I am blessed to be her missionary  I feel like she is kinda like a freebie. One I don't have to sweat bullets for, but still feel the joy of teaching her and watching her learn and grow. She is done with all her lessons now. So we will just be reading with her, and having her teach us and clear up the questions and concerns she has. 
The Visitor Center sisters and doing so great. I love serving in the Visitor Center! I have been able to have more opportunities to talk to the sisters individually and uplift and encourage them. It has been good to get to know some of the newer sisters and encourage them. I have also been really looking for opportunities to serve the sisters at the VC so that I can show my love and help them to trust me. I want them to feel loved and respected. We will be incorporating some of the 8 fundamentals from PMG in the trainings that Sister Sordes and I give in our upcoming Trainings at the VC. Oh.. actually it will be me and the new VC Trainer.. Sister Sordes goes home on the 5th of Feb too. So now I will be training the new VC Trainer as well. But I already know who she is. She is going to be Awesome! 
This week in church I received a lot of revelation/inspiration for myself and for the Sisters at the VC. I have just really been struggling with being who the Lord wants me to be, and knowing exactly what that is. I know that no matter what the person in church is speaking about.. or how uninteresting it is.. we can and will receive revelation as we attend our church mtgs and listen and apply ourselves. I am so blessed to be able to attend so much church. We go to about 2 to 3 sacrament mtgs each week and several sunday school classes!
I love being a missionary!
This is Gods Church, given to us with Jesus Christ at the head and a Prophet called by God to show us their ways.
We are so blessed to be a part of this ever growing Marvelous work and wonder! I love you all!
Love
Sister Shurtz

No comments:

Post a Comment