Friday, January 18, 2013


HELLO! 
So this has been such a CRAZY week full of so many changes and experiences. 
I guess I didn't explain very well last week what happened. So I was called to be the new Visitor Center Trainer last week. I didn't know what transfer news was yet last week. I just knew that I was being called to be the new Trainer at the VC. Sister Carlson who has been the english VC Trainer is leaving tomorrow so they had to call a new one. They sustained me just this last week during prep mtg. 
Last week Sister Carlson, Me and Sister Sordes (the spanish VC Trainer) and Elder and Sister Becktrand sat in Elder Beckstrands office on a conference call with President Ellsworth and talked about all the Sisters in the Visitor Center and how they are doing and what we feel they need and who would be a good companion for them etc. It was so neat and amazing. I was able to see how the spirit works in these meetings and we were able to discuss some really important things. I didn't even know that the Trainers in the past ever did this with President. I just thought he made all the decisions by himself. And ultimately he still does make the final decision- Well he and the Lord do, but it makes sense that he would get information from those who are around us all the time. 
Also this week I sat with Sister Carlson and Sordes and made "the Beast". That is the schedule for the Visitor Center sisters for the full transfer. It's called the Beast because it is a beast to make. It took us 5 hours! It is done in excel... which I am no good at! But I was able to learn enough that I think Sister Sordes (from France) and I will be able to do it by ourselves next year. Sister Carlson really knows what she is doing. I am so nervous for her to leave. I haven't learned all that I need to from her yet! But it's okay, Sister Sordes will teach me and Elder and Sister Beckstrand and the Lord of course. I guess I'll just have to fake it until I make it!
So basically with this calling we just correlate with President Ellsworth and Elder and Sister Beckstrand on how to help the Visitor Center Sisters. We are the Assistants to the President for the Visitor Center. We give trainings to the Sisters every other week, and we plan all the meetings, and run all the prep meetings for Christmas lights every day. We get to train the awesome Host couples that come to volunteer on the grounds during the lights and invite everyone to come in. I know we do a lot more, but those are the main things that I know about so far! I am excited, but extremely overwhelmed! The only reason I am excited is because I know that the Lord will qualify me and because i know that I am going to learn a lot and grow a lot. I just hope and pray that I can be humble enough and trust in the Lord enough to do this. I CANNOT do this without Him. 
Well I am getting transferred also. I am leaving this area! I am actually really sad. But it's good. I've been there for 5 transfers now so I guess it's about time! I am going to be companions with Sister Mackenzie from Kenya. This will be her last transfer.
I love you all so much!
~SIster Michelle Shurtz


No comments:

Post a Comment