Friday, January 18, 2013


Hola!

Wow I'm to the point that I just don't even know what to say or write anymore. I just feel like my life is a big blur. I can't even remember what I did this week! It's all passing me by so quickly. I feel like it's sand slipping through my fingers and I can't hold on to it no matter how hard I try! I am loving this mission. I love what I am doing. I love the Lord, and I am so excited for this new year! It's going to be the BEST one ever. I am pretty sure I have learned more in this one year of my life than in many many of my others all put together! It's incredible what the Lord teaches you as you leave everything else behind to serve Him.
I hope I can be a better servant and better person altogether this year.
I am so excited to change more and repent more and be even better (hopefully) than the years before. I am realizing more and more how this life is really all about changing and progressing and becoming better and helping all those around you to do so as well! If we aren't changing and improving then we are wasting this precious probationary time that the Lord has given us. This time is short. I am seeing that now. People compare a mission to a lifetime. They call it a mini life. I can see why. It definitely helps you learn a lot of lifes important lessons!
This week has been good... Guess what!? A girl in the YSA area that we have been working with named Sammie set a baptismal date this week! She is getting baptized on  Feb 16th! She is so ready and so cute! She actually has been ready for awhile but her parents wanted her to take it slower and not get baptized when she wanted to. They said that if she took her time and really searched it out that they would support her more. So she did. They sat down together and set a date together. She is so excited and so are we! She came to the mission Presidents fireside on Sunday and loved it. She is from California and won Miss Teen rodeo a year or so ago. She is really fun and will be a great asset to the church. She feels and recognizes the spirit so well. She amazes me!
The family that we found. The Nieto's are doing well. They won't be baptized for awhile though. We weren't able to meet with them enough before the Dad Ivan had to leave to Mexico for residency so we will keep working with the wife and daughter and him through the phone at the VC while he is gone. He could be gone for over a year.. so we'll see what happens. The wife (Destiny) is leaving with Ivan tomorrow and then she will come back in a week. They are such a great and prepared family. I gave them my card with my name and address and phone number on it. They were trying to get a hold of us (me and sis mackenzie) once and they called the number on the card (I think dads phone) and they heard the Voice mail and realized that it was dads phone! haha! They joked with me and told me that they talked to you and told me that they told you they met me at a bar etc.. haha it was funny they were trying to get me worried but I told them that even if they had told you that- you wouldn't believe them because you trust me. They were really impressed by that. The fact that I wasn't even worried surprised them! They are really impressed with the people in this church and our values etc. Ivan said that when he gets back from mexico they want to come visit us in "Ogden" they might move there! I told them they could come!

We are working on a new program with the Sisters. It's called Media Planning. We are hoping to help the Sisters get organized with their contacts and referalls that they receive from everyone. 
Well I sure love you ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Love
Sister Shurtz 

No comments:

Post a Comment