Friday, January 18, 2013


ho Ho HO! Here we go!
It's the Holiday season again! Wahoo! I love this time of year and I love CHRISTMAS LIGHTS!!!!! I love more than anything what we get to do there in the Visitor Center! I love seeing the spirit work through me to touch the hearts of so many people. I am so grateful to be an instrument in His mighty hands. I have seen such a change come into the eyes of so many as they feel the spirit and desire to learn more about this. 

Well Jesus Valdez one of our investigators in the YSA ward got baptized! The baptism was wonderful! The spirit there was so strong and so incredible! We had 5 non members there.  His mom and his sisters and then another of our investigators came. They all felt the spirit so strong there. They cried and smiled through the whole thing. My companions and I sang "I know that my redeemer lives" I was so nervous because Sister Beckstrand asked me to sing the whole 3rd verse by myself. I told her that I didn't feel comfortable but she wouldn't take no for an answer (she was our accompanist). I sounded awful and shaky during every single practice that we had (which was like 2 haha) I was so afraid that I would ruin the spirit because I was so nervous to do it. I prayed right before we sang with my companions and I just asked for help to sing well and help those there to feel the spirit. I asked for angels to sing with us. 
Can I just say that I know that during my Solo I was not really singing alone. I did so well. I am not bragging because it wasn't me. The spirit was so strong, and when I started to feel nervous, the thought came into my mind, just focus on the words that you are singing. Wow, that changed everything, I felt and was somehow able to express the way I felt through music as I sang. Such a special experience. 

 Jesus told us that his sister told him that he didn't want to even drink anymore after watching Jesus get baptized and seeing the person that he has chosen to be and work towards becoming. Jesus' confirmation also went very well. He even fasted and paid fast offering on sunday and tithing as well! He had a neat miracle. He wanted to pay tithing and fast offering but doesn't have any money right now. He was praying about it, and he found a 20$ bill. It wasn't his he just found it out of nowhere on the ground! He was so excited, he paid tithing on it, and then gave the rest to fast offering. We told him that he only has to pay tithing on what he earns but he just wanted to! He is so pure in heart. He really is amazing and will bring many into the gospel. He is excited about preparing to receive the priesthood and hopes to be ready so that he can someday baptize his mom and sisters if they choose to meet with missionaries. They have said they would like to but they are in the process of moving so they don't have an address yet. But we will stay in contact with them until they move. :) Jesus said that he even wants to serve a mission! He thinks that if he gets to that he will get called to China because every time he eats at Panda Express his fortune cookie tells him that he will go on a long journey to China! haha we all laughed about that. But it is a possibility. 

Guys I just want you all to know that I KNOW that God lives. He knows your name, He knows your doubts, worries, insecurities, and fears. That is why He sent His son Jesus Christ! He came to make all things that are wrong in this world right. All things can be overcome and can work together for our good if we will only learn to rely and trust more in His atonement. I think that is the problem. We as members of the church believe in Christ. But how much do we really rely on Him in the hard times? Do we cast our burdens on the Lord? Do we even know how? I have been thinking about these things a lot lately. 
Well I love you all! I love to share and expand my testimony of Jesus Christ. I feel like my testimony just keeps growing and growing! I hope it never stops! 

I love my companions. I love being in a trio. We are learning a lot together and all growing in love, patience, and understanding. We are feeding off of each other and helping each other to be more diligent and work harder and talk to EVERYONE! We are already seeing great blessings in doing so. :)
Also, I saw the title of your emails mom and dad. I AM getting them every week! So sorry for not replying in the emails about them! I usually try to print them off. Because i don't have time to look at all the pictures, email president Ellsworth, turn in numbers for the week and email you all. Sorry! I love and cherish every word that I read in your emails. Thank you for your concern and love! I truly am doing well! Thank you So much! i love you!!!!
~Sister Shurtz

No comments:

Post a Comment