Thursday, January 31, 2013


Hello!
So I feel really bad. I haven't written anybody for over a month now.. sorry! I honestly don't really ever have a long enough p-day to get time to write. 
Sister Mackenzie has been sick this whole week again. The first 4 days we didn't go out.. but these last ones we have been able to go out, but my poor comp still has the sniffles and is sneezing like crazy! Like you said mom, I am super blessed that I haven't gotten sick at all! The Lord has truly blessed me with health and strength on the mission! I am so grateful!
We had our interviews with President this week. It was really good. I had asked him a few weeks ago if I could have a blessing from him to help me with my calling as a VC trainer and with my companion. When we were in our interview he asked if I would like that blessing then, I said yes! It was such a wonderful blessing. I am so very truly blessed. Our Heavenly Father truly is all knowing. He knows exactly what I need to hear and gives me the Loving advice and comfort I need. In the blessing I was blessed several times to have health and strength, which I think is the reason I haven't gotten sick at all even with a sick comp. He told me that this calling was a special calling that is much like an assistant to the President, but that a specific calling in the church was not necessary for one to be a leader. He said that this call was given to me to allow me to learn and exercise Christlike attributes especially kindness and compassion. He encouraged me to search the scriptures for answers to my questions and concerns. He emphasized many times that I would fulfill my calling best by leading by example. He blessed me that I would be able to fulfill my calling in a manner that the Lord would be pleased with. I was told that the Christlike attributes that i learn here will help me as a wife and mother and in raising my kids, and the leadership callings that I hold in the church. There was more but those are the things that stuck out to me. 
We had a great lesson last night with a lady named Eileen. She has been raised Catholic but has since decided that she doesn't believe it because her priest told her that the book of Genesis was a made up story. He told her that because she asked him why God would command Adam and Eve not to partake of the fruit and yet put the tree right there in front of them. He didn't know the answer, so he just said that it was all an example to teach them and not a real story. That bothered her. She also had questions about infant baptism. It was fun to be able to go over there and give her the answers to her questions in the book of mormon! She has been reading the BOM and loves it. She read 2 Nephi 2 and said, well if he woulda just told me that I would have been fine! haha we explained to her that he didn't tell her that because he doesn't know it because he doesnt' have the Book of Mormon. I think she is starting to get why this church is important. She is really nice. Her daughter is living in one of our other wards and has expressed interest in taking lessons as well. Her name is Courtney so hopefully we'll get to start teaching her daughter Courtney and her husband and kids!
Sammi Miles still has her baptismal date for Feb 16! She is SO stinkin cute! I love her to death! She is basically already mormon. We talked to her about the Word of Wisdom today. She was like "well I heard ya'll don't drink coffee so I already stopped that. But tea I had no idea about.. man I love my 99 cent peace tea.. but oh well." She is so cute. She is in the YSA ward and already has so many friends in the ward. Everyone loves sammi.
Well The VC is going well. We are starting to get everything ready for Easter Pageant already! We are trying to figure out what to do for the exhibit in Theater 1 for the pageant. We usually do picture taking with the soldiers and cast members.. but I have some concerns about all that because it really takes away from the spirit in the VC along with some other issues. I am kinda nervous but excited. I really want this Easter Pageant to be special and really spiritual. I am sad I won't be there. 
I should come home on the 12th of march! Too soon...
But I am excited to see you all!
I don't know if my mail is getting lost but mom I never recieved the OFY AFY EFY stuff and I haven't received any mail for a while. It's fine if i haven't gotten any but just in case some has been sent.. I would send it all to the VC at 525 E Main street Mesa AZ 85203 or 85205... I can't remember right now for some reason.. sorry! We live with members and our mail gets mixed in with theirs.. so it could get lost more easily! 
Well I love you all so much!
~Sister Shurtz

No comments:

Post a Comment